Registration for the cosplay contest at the 1st JapaNeuch Festival is now closed.
The competition, organized in collaboration with Z’hiboo, will take place on Saturday June 24, 2023 at 3pm on the Hyrule stage. The results will take place on the same stage at 7pm.
The competition also offers a chance to qualify for the Swiss Cosplay League 2024, to be held at Polymanga in Lausanne.
Cosplay visitor rules
To ensure safety, checks will be carried out at the entrance to the festival.
In order to guarantee safety, all dangerous objects are forbidden on the JapaNeuch Festival site:
- All real weapons (automatic, firearms, pistols, shotguns, replicas, weapon parts, etc.)
Including antique weapons.
- Rigid objects longer than 1m50 ;
- Massive, heavy or very solid objects;
- Sprays of any kind, with the exception of spray lacquer, which is authorized if less than 100 ml.
- Cutlery (knives, daggers, katana, etc.)
- Any device designed to injure (truncheons, brass knuckles, slingshots, electroshock devices, etc.).
With regard to dummy weapons, any weapon that could be mistaken for a real firearm is strictly forbidden.
To be accepted, cosplay weapons must be made of light, non-injurious materials (hard materials are not accepted).
Cosplay contestants may use a dummy weapon during their presentation; this will be stored by the JapaNeuch Festival outside performance time.
For the avoidance of doubt, official or closely resembling official dress (police, firefighter, military, etc.) is not permitted.
Authorized materials for cosplay and accessories are :
- Wood and branches (under 1m50 and not too thick)
- Various glues (wood, hot-melt, contact, multi-purpose, etc.)
- Expensive foam
- Glass paste
- Fimo clay
- Extruded polystyrene